Thank you for choosing Bodyworks Physiotherapy for your physiotherapy needs. Our staff are committed to improving the level of function and quality of life of each and every client. In an effort the provide best possible care, please be advised of the following:
We believe that your health should be a priority in your life and therefore hope that you choose to make your treatment a priority in your schedule. A last-minute cancellation or non-attendance for your allocated appointment time can not only negatively affect your treatment progress but can also impact other clients who are on our waiting list.
Our courtesy SMS reminder text will be sent 48 hours prior to prompt you to review your schedule and provides an opportunity to contact us immediately to change your appointment if necessary. Please take this opportunity to also confirm your appointment time.
The cancellation policy will apply if:
- You cancel your appointment time with less than Twenty-Four (24) hours’ notice; or
- You fail to attend your appointment time.
Failing to attend or notify within the Twenty-Four (24) hours will incur a full appointment fee.
This is applicable to all patients and is NOT claimable on your health fund or via a third party (ie workers compensation, DVA, CTP, Medicare)
Compensable clients who are claiming their consultation fee through a third party will be required to pay their cancellation fee themselves. The cancellation fee cannot be bulk billed.
We greatly appreciate your support and understanding of our policy as receiving advance notice that you are unable to attend an appointment will provide an opportunity to offer the appointment to other clients from our waiting list or those requiring emergency physiotherapy.
2. Consent to treatment
You hereby request and give consent to our therapists to perform all necessary examinations, manipulations/mobilisations, therapy (including taping, dry needling, shockwave pressure therapy, manual soft tissue releases), rehabilitation and medical diagnostic procedures in accordance with their professional training, an understanding of your injury and following an explanation of the therapy required.
You acknowledge and accept the following:
- Physiotherapy treatment is physical in nature and may require you to disrobe. the effected body part. A treatment gown is provided if preferred.
- Temporary adverse reactions that may be associated with treatment include stiffness and soreness, soft tissue tenderness and skin irritations from taping. Please advise your practitioner if you have any allergies to latex, adhesives or coconut.
Should you have a referral (eg from a GP or other health practitioner) or scan results relevant to your condition, please provide this to your physiotherapist.
3. Consent to obtain and release information
To ensure that we can provide the best level of care we may be required to obtain and/or release information regarding your medical condition and this will not be exercised without your official consent.
- INITIAL appointments (up to 60 minutes) are an opportunity to assess and discuss your concerns and begin treatment as appropriate.
- All initial appointments will require a 50% deposit at the time of booking, with the balance to be applied on the conclusion of your appointment.
- STANDARD appointments (up to 30 minutes) usually focus on one specific area of the body
- EXTENDED appointments (up to 60 minutes) usually focusing on multiple areas of the body
5. Accounts & Billing
- It is expected that all fees are paid in full at the time of consultation.
- We accept cash, EFTPOS, credit cards and offer electronic health rebates (via HICAPS) for your convenience.
6. Post Treatment Reactions
- You may or may not experience the following:
- Sensation of / or visible bruising
- Muscular discomfort / ache
- These will generally subside after a few days. Applying heat and taking pain relief may assist however if you have any concerns, please call your therapist.
- these reactions tend to occur mainly during/after the initial treatment and are the result of your muscles being tense and unusually sensitive rather than the pressure of treatment.
If you require any further information pertaining to the above, please ask reception and they will assist you.